- All types of hydraulic actuated-brake and clutch systems meeting DOT 4 and DOT 3 manufacturers’ recommendations.
- FMVSS 116 DOT 3 / 116 DOT 4
- SAE J 1703
- ISO 4925 (3 & 4)
Very good thermal resistance and stability:
MOTUL DOT 3&4 typical dry boiling point (245°C / 473°F) is superior to conventional fluids DOT 3 (205°C / 401°F mini) and DOT 4 (230°C / 466°F), and therefore enables effective brake even under extreme conditions.
MOTUL DOT 3&4 typical wet boiling point (160°C / 320°F) is superior to conventional fluids DOT 3 (140°C / 284°F mini) and DOT 4 (155°C / 311°F), and therefore enables longer use of the product. Indeed, DOT 3, DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 brake fluids have the property to absorb humidity in the air, which reduce their boiling points and consequently security. The wet boiling point is representative of the fluid after one year of use. Perfectly neutral with seals used in braking systems. Anti-corrosion
- Mixable with DOT 3, DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 NON SILICONE BASE products.
- Do not mix with silicone (DOT 5 silicone base) or mineral base fluids (LHM).
- Store brake fluid in its original container, tightly closed to avoid absorption of moisture.
- Aggressive chemical product if contact with hands, paint or varnish.
- In case of skin contact, rinse thoroughly with water.
- For safety advice, draining once a year is recommended.
100% synthetic fluid, polyglycol bases.
Dry boiling point: 245 °C / 473 °F
Wet boiling point: 160 °C / 320 °F
Viscosity at -40°C: (-40°F) 1,350 mm²/s
Viscosity at 100°C: (212°F) 2.3 mm²/s