High Performance 100% Synthetic – ESTER engine oil inspired from the competition and specially designed for Gasoline or Diesel engines, tuned or high performance, naturally aspirated or turbocharged, indirect or direct injection, and operating over a wide range of engine revs and temperatures, in the most severe road or racing conditions.
- Suitable for Gasoline and Diesel engines requiring an API SP viscosity grade 0W-20 lubricant.
- The exclusive formula of MOTUL 8100 POWER 0W-20 is compatible with biofuels (especially the Ethanol E85) and after-treatment systems. It also protects downsized engines from the risk of LSPI (Low Speed Pre-Ignition), and its low viscosity optimizes engine response and maximum power.
- Very good compatibility with catalytic converters.
- Suitable for all types of Gasoline fuels, leaded or unleaded, Ethanol, LPG, Diesels and biofuels.
- This type of oil may be unsuitable for use in some engines. Before use always refer to the owner’s manual.
STANDARDS: API PERFORMANCE SP
ESTER Technology: 100% Synthetic formula derived from competition and based on Ester ensuring outstanding oil film resistance at very high temperatures for maximum engine power and torque, as well as maximum wear protection. Stable oil pressure whatever the conditions of use, road or racing. Turbocharged gasoline engines with direct injection have a certain risk of sporadic pre-ignition phenomena in the combustion chambers. This type of sporadic abnormal combustion resembles metallic noise from combustion chambers and is sometimes associated with a short power loss. This phenomenon called LSPI for Low Speed Pre-Ignition, or also Rumble, generates very high pressure peaks in the combustion chamber that can lead to piston damages and ultimately to engine destruction.
For their latest-generation downsized gasoline engines, which are equipped with direct injection systems and turbochargers, API has developed the API SP standard for engine lubricants in order to guarantee the perfect integrity of these gasoline engines facing the risk of these abnormal combustions.
The API SP standard is fully backward compatible over API SN requirements and all former API standards. API SP lubricants provide outstanding oxidation resistance, better anti-deposits protection, better engine cleanliness, anti-wear protection and enhanced performance at cold temperature for Fuel Economy savings during the whole oil life span.
Besides being backward compatible, compare to API SN and API SN Plus, the API SP standard provides higher performance and especially adds more protection against LSPI phenomenon for downsized direct injection turbocharged gasoline engines.
MOTUL 8100 POWER 0W-20 meets all these very highly demanding requirements of performance and durability, including in particular for API SP standard, the full compatibility to biofuels use such as LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas), CNG (Compressed Natural Gas), and Bioethanol (as available at the station), when using Ethanol Biofuel at a mix ratio of up to 85% (Bioethanol – E85).
MOTUL 8100 POWER 0W-20 is particularly resistant to high temperatures to allow better control of oil consumption and provide higher wear protection thanks to its excellent lubricating properties, while providing increased engine response and fuel economy.
The optimized viscosity grade SAE 0W-20 allows faster oil flow at start up, faster oil pressure build-up, sharper engine revs and faster engine warm-up.
Environment friendly, this type of oil allows fuel consumption reduction and therefore minimizes greenhouse gases (CO2 ) emissions.
- Drain interval: according to manufacturers’ recommendations and to be tuned to your own use.
- MOTUL 8100 POWER 0W-20 can be mixed with synthetic or mineral oils.
- Before use always refer to the owner manual of the vehicle.
Viscosity grade SAE J 300 0W-20
Density at 20°C (68°F) ASTM D1298 0.840
Viscosity at 40°C (104°F) ASTM D445 48.1 mm²/s
Viscosity at 100°C (212°F) ASTM D445 8.7 mm²/s
HTHS viscosity at 150°C (302°F) ASTM D4741 2.7 mPa.s
Viscosity Index ASTM D2270 161.0
Pour point ASTM D97 -48.0 °C / -54.0 °F
Sulfated Ash ASTM D874 0.79 % weight
TBN ASTM D2896 8.5 mg KOH/g
Flash point ASTM D92 238.0 °C / 460.0 °F