Why should I test my oil?
The only way to determine how your engine and oil that circulates in it are performing, is to analyse the oil itself which will help answer common questions like:
- How often should I change my oil?
- Is my engine on its way out?
- If my oil is black, should I be worried?
Some of they key identifiers which will be highlighted from this test:
- Fuel dilution
- Engine wear elements such as (but not limited to) iron, chromium, copper, aluminium, lead and titanium
- Engine oil contaminants such as (but not limited to) silicon, potassium, boron and magnesium
- Engine oil oxidation
How do I use this kit?
This test kit provides you with everything you need to:
- Take a test sample of your oil using the test kit provided.
- Fill in the details on the form to outline key details around your usage for future comparisons.
- Post the sample and form back using the pre-paid satchel sample.
Once processed in the lab, an email will be sent with test results and a summary of how your oil is doing.